Date effective: 22nd of April 2019
- About Our Company
UnboxGuru is responsible for the processing of personal data that we collect from you whenever you visit and/or register in our website or use our software applications. Since we are based in the Philippines, we process your personal data in compliance with the Republic Act 10173 – Data Privacy Act of 2012.
We adhere to the professional standards, at the same time, protect your privacy if you will be a participant in our market research activities or when you visit our website or use our software applications.
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data are information that directly or indirectly identifies you as an individual, indirectly meaning when combined with other information, for example, your name, email address and contact number, or a unique device identifier.
- Use of Personal Data
- Registration data and direct communication
For our services we may collect your personal data, like: name, address, phone number and email address (“Registration Data”), type of purchase, product details and purchase details. We use your Registration Data to communicate with you about our services and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your Registration Data as well as the content of our communication to respond to you when you contact us.
- If you choose to participate in a research panel, we will, in addition to the Registration Data, collect the relevant information, including personal data. For instance, we collect such personal data:
- in the course of surveys, conducted online, via phone or face to face,
- by way of automated data collection by hardware or software web-tracking and audience measurement means such as tracking applications, browser add-ons, as well as your digital devices in general),
- you actively provide us with during your participation (for example, by means of applications or devices)
- Use of customer data for advertising and customer feedback purposes
To continuously improve and enhance our services, we may send you marketing communications via email relating to our business which may be of interest to you. You can choose the types of marketing communications you want to receive at any time by updating your email preferences. You may also unsubscribe at any time.
Also, you may object to such use at the time of collection and each time a message is sent. To opt-out of email marketing, follow the instructions within the email that you receive.
- Legal obligations and legal defense
We may be required to use and retain personal data for legal and compliance reasons, such as the prevention, detection, or investigation of a crime, loss prevention, fraud or any other abuse of our services and IT systems. We may also use your personal data to meet our internal and external audit requirements, information security purposes, or to protect or enforce our rights, privacy, safety, or property, or those of other persons.
- Use of the UnboxGuru Homepage (www.unboxguru.com)
- Collection of personal data from other sources
UnboxGuru may use information that you have made public on social media platforms and other websites to provide its clients with aggregated reports and links relating to public information in a systematic manner.
If we collect personal data about you from other sources, then we either make sure that the source has already informed you in advance about the transfer, or we will notify you upon the first contact that we have received your personal data and provide you with all information required by law.
- How we share personal data
We will disclose your personal data only for the purposes and to those third parties, as described below. UnboxGuru will take appropriate steps to ensure that your personal data are processed, secured, and transferred according to applicable law.
- Within UnboxGuru Company
- External service providers
Where necessary, we will commission other companies and individuals to perform certain tasks contributing to our services on our behalf within the framework of data processing agreements. We may, for example, provide personal data to agents, contractors or partners for hosting our databases and applications, for data processing services, or to send you information that you requested, or to call-centers for the purpose of provision of support services or interviewing in the course of market research projects. We will only share with or make accessible such data to external service providers to the extent required for the respective purpose. This data may not be used by them for any other purposes, in particular not for their own or third party purposes. UnboxGuru’s external service providers are contractually bound to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
For Customer Relationship Management (CRM) purposes the contact information (name, email address, contact number) of our customers, vendors or other contract partners is stored on our server and database host.
- Processing of personal data of children
UnboxGuru will not collect or process personal data of children under 15 years – or under a lower age – unless with parental consent, pursuant to applicable local law. If we become aware that personal data from a child were inadvertently collected, we will delete such data without undue delay.
UnboxGuru takes data security seriously. We apply an appropriate level of security to safeguard the data we collect from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements. Access to your personal data is granted only to those personnel, service providers or UnboxGuru affiliates with a business need-to-know or who require it in order to perform their duties.
In the event of a data breach containing personal data, UnboxGuru will follow all applicable data breach notification laws.
- Your legal rights
The following list contains information on your legal rights which arise from applicable data protection laws:
- Right to withdraw consent: Where the processing of personal data is based on your consent you may withdraw this consent at any moment by following the procedures described in the respective consent form. We ensure that consent can be withdrawn by the same means as it was given – e.g., electronically. As a participant in a market research project please note that by withdrawing consent you typically end your participation in the respective project and will no longer be eligible for any rewards or incentives that UnboxGuru may eventually offer to participants.
- Right to rectification: You may obtain from us rectification of personal data concerning you. We make reasonable efforts to keep personal data in our possession or control which are used on an ongoing basis, accurate, complete, current and relevant, based on the most recent information available to us. In appropriate cases, we provide self-service internet portals where users have the possibility to review and rectify their personal data.
- Right to erasure: You may obtain from us erasure of your personal data, where
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you have a right to object further processing of your personal data (see below) and execute this right object to the processing;
- the processing is based on your consent, you withdraw your consent and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed; unless the processing is necessary
- for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing from us; – in particular for statutory data retention requirements; – for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Time period: We will try to fulfill your request within 30 days. However, the period may be extended due to specific reasons relating to the specific legal right or the complexity of your request.